In all REST API endpoint that supports creation os TestExecution and even Tests (JUnit, Robot, TestNG, NUnit...) allow to pass any fields for Test creation.
- Multipart endpoints for importing execution results must also support importing a new JSON file to be used as a template for creating new test cases.
- Affected endpoints are:
- Xray must support a new parameter named "testInfo" to pass the JSON file containing the fields for creating Tests.
- The JSON file format is the same as Jira uses for the REST API (https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/8.2.0/?_ga=2.111455874.746998918.1558343025-232874918.1557136424#api/2/issue-createIssue)
- The "Summary" and "IssueType" fields will be overwritten by Xray.
- The "parent" field also makes no sense, as Tests can't be Sub-Tasks. Xray will ignore this field.
- Xray will return any error originated in Jira when creating Test cases.
- In case a project is provided in the "testInfo", the tests are created in that project unless there are no tests with the same Generic Test Definition across the Jira instance